Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Final Tokyo Quilt Festival post

Enjoy these final quilts………..













































And there were a couple of Beatrix Potter quilts that I missed yesterday………


 It has been an amazing experience and I am in awe of the skills and patience of Japanese quilters. I had a very special moment today as I handed over my hand-made scissor fobs to the 20 makers of the William Morris and Beatrix Potter quilts. It was my way of sharing a mutual love and reaching out with an Australian thank-you for putting on such a wonderful display …………

 With the assistance of Jean and her great knowledge of the language I was able to leave the gifts with the gracious and talented Yoko Saito to pass on. It was wonderful to meet her in person and I received a personally signed copy of her brand new book too……a truly humble and warm hearted quilter and I was so glad Jean could tell her how overwhelmed I was with the Beatrix Potter quilts that she and her group made……
How lucky am I? More tomorrow x (And our thoughts are with those of you in America affected by the blizzards - stay safe)

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar